07. Preview and share the stream
CloudRT user portal - Getting Started
Congratulations. After uploading, releasing, and setting up your project, you are now ready to stream. There is always the possibility to preview your stream on the project's preview page. You will be able to see the stream preview, as long as you are logged in and authorized on the platform. Open a project from your project list and click the 'Preview' button...
If you would like for other people to use your stream, you can create a 'Share ID' link to distribute your stream as needed.
Navigate to the Share ID tab...
'Share ID' overview
- 1.Name: Add an appropriate name for this individual Share ID (only you will see the name, in the 'Active Share ID' list)
- 2.Start/Expire time: Specify a time frame for when your Share ID is active/accessible.
- 3.Maximum Usages: Specify the maximum amount of times this Share ID can be used (i.e. how many times your stream can be accessed via this Share ID link)
- 4.Selected Projects: Here you can specify which project the Share ID is linked to. (you can specify multiple projects under the same Share ID, each project is then accessible individually via an extended version of the Share ID, which directs the user to the specific project.
- 5.Overwrite afk-module: Allows you to apply different AFK/Timeout settings, relevant for this Share ID only. (Overrides the default/custom AFK values you used in your project's settings)
- 6.Create: Create Share ID with provided settings and add it to 'Active Share ID Link' list.
If you have created a Share ID, it will appear below in your Active Share ID Link list. Here you have an overview of your active/inactive Share ID's, and you can manage them anytime from within this list.
Active/Inactive Share ID Link list
- 7.Set as Inactive: This will deactivate the Share ID, subsequently blocking access to your stream via this link and adding the Share ID to the 'Inactive' list. (Inactive Share ID's are not deleted and can always be re-enabled later)
- 8.Share ID details: Here is where the details of your share ID are described.
- 9.Copy Link: In order to share your project with people, you will need to copy the link and then distribute it however you see fit.
- 10.Edit/Delete: Allows you to Edit the settings currently used for this Share ID link, or permanently Delete the Share ID.
- 11.Set as Active: This will re-enable the Share ID, subsequently allowing people to access your stream again via this link and moves the Share ID back to your 'Active' list.
Note: It goes without saying that you should be cautious with whom and where you distribute your Share ID links, in order for you to keep control of your monthly streaming resources. Utilizing the 'Start/Expiration time' and 'Maximum Usages' can help you limit the maximum amount of resources used by this Share ID. Fear not, if you see that a Share ID link is being used unexpectedly and is causing unwanted streaming costs, you can always deactivate the link or edit the link with optimized settings.
The more advanced way to display your project, is to use our WebSDK to integrate the stream in your own webpage.
Example of stream embedded in custom webpage
You could simply embed the stream in your web page for a fast preview, or enhance your stream experience by building custom HTML Web Elements to interact with the Unreal application. Interaction between your front-end and Unreal Engine stream happens by sending/receiving Json messages via the WebRTC player.
Setting up Json messages from the Unreal Engine side can be found here... Option 1. In your own Unreal Engine project...
Option 2. In the Arcware Unreal Engine template project...
Setting up Json messages in your front-end and documentation for WebSDK implementation can be found here...